Android IOIO Board
- Product Code: IOIO
- Location: C18
- Availability: In Stock
Android IOIO Board
The IOIO (pronounced "yo-yo") is a board specially designed to work with your Android 1.5 and later device. The board provides robust connectivity to an Android device via a USB or Bluetooth connection and is fully controllable from within an Android application using a simple and intuitive Java API - no embedded programming or external programmer will ever be needed! The IOIO board contains a single MCU that acts as a USB host and interprets commands from an Android app.
In addition, the IOIO can interact with peripheral devices in the same way as most MCUs. Digital Input/Output, PWM, Analog Input, I2C, SPI, and UART control can all be used with the IOIO. Code to control these interfaces is written in the same way as you write an Android app with the help of a simple to use app-level library. In other words, you can combine the awesome computing power, Internet/Bluetooth connectivity, touch screen, and a variety of sensors from your Android device with the ability to easily add peripheral devices to interact with the outside world. Also, using the IOIO does not require any hardware or software modifications to your Android device, thus preserving the warranty as well as making the functionality available to non-hackers.
- GND pins (9 pins): Ground connection.
- VIN pins (3 pins): Used for power supply to the board. Max (5V-15V)
- 5V pins (3 pins): Normally used as 5V output
- Can be used as 5V input in case VIN is not connected.
- 3.3V pins (3 pins): 3.3V output.
- I/O pins (48 pins, numbered 1-48): General purpose I/O pins.
- power LED: Lights when the IOIO is getting power.
- stat LED: Lights briefly during power-up
- mclr pin: Not normally used.
- Charge current trimmer (CHG):
- Turning in the (+) direction increases charge current
- IOIO Wiki Home
- Beginner's Software Installation Guide
- Firmware Downloads
- IOIO Manager Application
- 1 x IOIO Board ver 1.5