4D Systems 4.3" Intelligent Display Module with Resistive Touch (Model uLCD-43-PT)
The uLCD-43 is an intelligent graphics display that harnesses the power to deliver a diverse range of features in a single, compact cost effective unit. Embedded at the heart of the design is the PICASO processor, which is driven by a highly optimised virtual core engine; EVE (Extensible Virtual Engine).An extensive range of hardware and software peripherals have been integrated into the design, to give the user freedom to adapt the module to suit almost any application. Features include; a 4.3'' TFT 480x272 touch screen display, audio, micro-SD card connector, an expansion port along with a series of GPIO, I2C pins and serial comms. The uLCD-43 serves as the perfect solution to be deployed at the forefront of any product design, requiring a brilliance of colour, animation or images on a 4.3’’ widescreen display.
Getting started is as simple as connecting the 4D Programming Cable to the display module, and choosing your product and Development Environment in the 4D Workshop4 IDE. 4D Workshop4 IDE guides you through the relevant aid tools with adequate explanation to get your application up and running in no time.
Models available in the 4.3"
- uLCD-43-P (Non Touch version)
- uLCD-43-PT (Resistive Touch version)
- uLCD-43-PCT (Capacitive Touch version)
Information on the displays
- 4.3" LCD-TFT display graphics user interface solution.
- 480 x 272 QVGA resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT screen.
- Integrated Touch Panel (Models uLCD-43-PT and uLCD-43-PCT)
- Easy 5 pin interface to any host device, Arduino, PIC, any host with a serial port
- VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET.
- Powered by the 4D-Labs PICASO processor (also available as separate OEM IC for volume users).
- 14KB of Flash memory for user code storage and 14KB of SRAM for user variables.
- 2 x Asynchronous hardware serial ports (COM0, COM1), TTL interface, with 300 baud to 256K baud.
- 1 x I2C interface (Master).
- 8 x 16 bit timers with 1 millisecond resolution.
- 13 x General Purpose I/O pins. Upper 8 bits can be used as an I/O Bus for fast 8-bit parallel data transfers.
- On-board micro-SD memory card adaptor for multimedia storage and data logging purposes.
- HC memory card support is also available for cards larger than 4GB.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory.
- Dedicated PWM Audio pin supports FAT16 audio WAV files and complex sound generation.
- On-board audio amplifier with a tiny 8Ω speaker for sound generation and WAV file playback.
- Built in extensive 4DGL graphics and system library functions.
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts and characters.
- 2 x 15 pin 0.1" Pitch SMT header for I/O expansion and future plug-in daughter boards.
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- Module dimensions: 105.5 x 67.0 x 14.7mm (excluding mounting tabs).
- Weighing ~ 79g
- Display Viewing Area: 95.0 x 53.9mm
- 4 x mounting tabs with 3mm holes for mechanical support.
- RoHS Compliant.
Programming & powring the unit
Powering the µLCD-43 is as simple as connecting to a PC via a 4D Programming Cable. Power can also be supplied by a regulated 5V DC source
The PICASO processor on the Display module can be re-programmed with the latest PmmC/Firmware for updates and future proofing via the Workshop 4 IDE Software. This process requires the use of the 4D Programming cable (Please note this cable is not included with this product)
- 1 x uLCD-43-PT (Resistive Touch version)
- 1 x 150mm 5 way Female-Female jumper cable
- 1 x 5 way Male-Male adaptor
- 1 x Quick Start User Guide
Latest firmware and PICASO documents can be found on 4D Systems website